Homemade beer recipes and brewing equipment
Beer homemade favorably with cheap shops analogues more intense flavor, dense foam and no preservatives. It turns out a drink that does not contain anything superfluous. I’ll show you how to brew beer on the classic recipe, using only traditional ingredients: hops, malt, water and yeast. To preserve the original taste we will not resort to the filtration and pasteurization.
Homemade beer recipes
It is believed that for the preparation of the need to buy a mini beer brewery or other expensive equipment. This myth impose manufacturers of similar products. At the brewery they gladly sell you the finished beer concentrate, which only need to be diluted in water and ferment. As a result, you will pay an exorbitant price for the beer, the quality of which, at best, will be slightly above the shop.
In fact, you can make homemade beer dispensing means at hand: a large pot, fermentation capacity, bottles and other things available, a full list of which is published below.
Buy will have only hops, malt and brewer’s yeast. I do not insist on choosing a particular company or brand. The range is wide enough, you can purchase any material you like.
Theoretically, malt and hops can be grown at home. But these processes are beyond the scope of this material. Then I’m going to assume that all the ingredients you have pets or they purchased does not matter. The only thing: I do not advise to experiment with brewer’s yeast, and immediately buy the best strains of the store because of the different grain mash beer is special yeast.
The composition of the homebrew (homemade beer recipes):
- water — 27 liters;
- hop — 45 grams;
- barley malt — 3 kg;
- brewer’s yeast — 25 grams;
- sugar — 8 grams per liter of beer (needed for natural carbonation).
- enamel pan 30 liters — it is brewed wort;
- fermentation capacity — is necessary for digestion;
- Thermometer (optional) — If brew or wine can be made only about controlling the temperature, the beer is originally a failing venture;
- bottle of beer ready for bottling (plastic or glass);
- small diameter silicone hose — for removal of beer from the sediment;
- tub of ice water or cooler for beer wort;
- Gauze (3-5 meters) or a bag made of cloth;
- iodine and white plate (optional);
- hydrometer (optional) — a device for determining the sugar content of the wort.
Preparation homebrew (homemade beer recipes):
- Preparation. The first phase, in which the brewer checks necessary ingredients and readiness of their equipment to work. Also, I advise to pay attention to the following points.
Sterilization. All used containers and tools are well washed with hot water and dried. Before work with ingredients brewer thoroughly wash with soap and water and wipe dry hands. It is important not to infect wort wild yeast, or instead of beer will Braga. Neglect sterilization eliminates all further efforts.
Water. It is best to use spring or bottled water. In an extreme case, fit and normal tap. Before brewing tap water to stand for days in an open container. This time is sufficient to weathered chlorine, and heavy metals and salts to settle to the bottom. In the future, to defend the water carefully drained from the sediment into another container through a thin tube.
Yeast. For normal fermentation brewer’s yeast 15-30 minutes before making the must activate a small amount of warm water. Universal method to properly dissolve any brewer’s yeast, no. Therefore it is necessary to adhere to the instructions on the package.
- Mashing Wort. This term refers to the mixing of the crushed malt with hot water to cleave the starch in the grains of sugar (maltose) and a soluble substance (dextrins). Sometimes the malt is sold ready for brewing crushed form, which is a bit easier task. If not — it must grind yourself using Corn-crusher or a mechanical grinder.
Attention! Grinding does not mean grinding into flour, it is only necessary ADVANCED grain into small pieces, always keeping the skin grain particles, which then will need to filter the wort.
In an enamel saucepan pour 25 liters of water and heated on the stove to 80 ° C. Next milled malt pour in cloth or a homemade bag of 1 by 1 meter, made of 3-4 layers of cheesecloth. Malt pouch is immersed in water, close the lid and pan are boiled 90 minutes, maintaining a stable temperature 61-72 ° C.
Grout malt at 61-63 degrees promotes better sugar yield, increasing the fortress home of beer. At 68-72 ° C increases the density of the wort, although the content of alcohol in the beverage to be slightly lower, but the taste will saturated. I recommend sticking to the temperature range 65-72 ° C, resulting in tight turns out tasty beer fortress 4%.
After 90 minutes of cooking done iodine test, to verify that it does not remain in the wort starch. To this 5-10 milligrams wort was poured on a clean white plate and mixed with a few drops of iodine. When the solution became dark blue, it is necessary to cook the contents of the pan for another 15 minutes. If iodine did not change the color of the wort — is ready. Iodine sample can not do, but simply increase the mashing (cooking) for 15 minutes, the quality of the drink will not be harmed.
The temperature was then rapidly raised to 78-80 ° C and the wort is boiled for 5 minutes to completely stop the fermentation. Further, the bag with the remains of the malt is removed from the container and washed with 2 liters of boiled water with a temperature of 78 degrees. So leached residues extractives. The wash water is added to the wort.
This method is called mashing «in the bag». It eliminates the need for filtration — separation of spent grains (undissolved particles of malt) from the main mash. In turn filtering requires specific equipment (cleaning system) and reusable transfusion wort from one container to another. Mashing in the bag does not affect the quality of the preparation of beer and takes a fraction of time.
- Boil the wort. The pot was heated to boiling and add the first hops, in this case 15 grams. After 30 minutes of intense boiling poured next 15 grams, and 40 minutes later the remaining 15 grams of hops and boiled for another 20 minutes.
Depending on the formulation beer time intervals and the number of hops may vary. But adhering to these sequences and proportions, you are guaranteed to get a good result.
Boiling takes half an hour, during this time, it is important to maintain the intense heat to bubbling mash.
- Cooling. Wort need to quickly (15-30 minutes), cool to 24-26 ° C. The sooner this is done, the less the risk of contracting harmful to drink fermented by bacteria and wild yeast.
Cool the wort can be special Immersion coolers (one of the possible designs in the photo), or gently move the container in a bath of ice water. Most novice brewers use the second method. The main thing do not accidentally turn the hot pot, boiling water scalded himself.
The cooled wort is poured through cheesecloth into a fermenting container. For the future of beer saturation necessary for the normal development of yeast with oxygen (after boiling it is almost gone) transfusions do 3 times.
- Fermentation. Diluted brewer’s yeast added to wort and mixed well. It is very important to observe the temperature and the proportions specified in the instructions on the label sachet. Yeasts are fermented to make at 18-22 ° C, and the bottom-fermenting operating at 5-16 ° C. Of the two kinds of beers are obtained.
Filled with the fermentation container is transferred to a dark place with a temperature recommended by the manufacturer of yeast. In this case 24-25 ° C. Then install the water trap and leave to rest for 7-10 days.
After 6-12 hours begin active fermentation, which usually lasts 2-3 days. At this time, let the water trap bubbles vigorously, then the frequency of the output of carbon dioxide decreases slowly. At the end of fermentation the young home-brewed beer is bright. His willingness to define two methods: sugar-meter (hydrometer) and hydraulic locks.
In the first case compared to the testimony of two samples hydrometer in the past 12 hours. If the values differ slightly (by a few hundredths of), then you can proceed to the next step. Sugar-meter is not at all so at home more often just look at the water trap. No bubbles within 18-24 hours indicates the end of fermentation.
- Blocking and carbonation. Carbonation of beer — this is his artificial carbonation, promoting the improvement of taste and the appearance of a thick foam. Despite the complicated title, the process is very simple.
The storage bottles of beer (preferably dark) was added at the rate of sugar 8 grams per 1 liter. The sugar will cause a small secondary fermentation, the beer is saturate with carbon dioxide. Then the beer is poured from the sediment through a silicone tube, filling the bottles they produced.
One end of the tube immersed in the middle of the container of beer, the other — to the bottom of a bottle, drink it minimizes contact with air. It is important not to touch the yeast, which, depending on the species can settle or accumulate on the bottom surface, otherwise it will turn cloudy beer. The bottles are not made up by 2 cm to the neck and tightly sealed.
The easiest way to use a plastic container, cover it because you can twist arms. For glass bottles need platter cork or a special device to plug conventional beer caps (see photo).
Filled beer bottles are transferred in a dark place with a temperature 20-24 ° C and left for 15-20 days. Every 7 days, they should be well shaken. The drink was transferred to a refrigerator.
- The maturation. Domestic beer is ready, it is already possible to drink. But if let stand another 30 days, the taste is much better.
Beer can be stored in the refrigerator for 6-8 months, an open bottle — 2-3 days.
Homemade beer recipes